Many of us run our Usborne Books & More business alongside our children. But to grow your business it is important that you still make the time to get on the phone to get bookings. If you have a Power Hour every day, you will grow your business exponentially.
Helpful Hints for Calling with Kids
- Have the kids play in the yard while you are watching them from your family car. Your vehicle makes a great sound-proof office!!
- If you are on a cordless phone, your vehicle is also a great place for a “quick retreat” if your kids start acting up. Versus the bathroom which can be very “echoey” with them screaming at each other outside the door. 😉
- Put a short educational video in to make phone calls for a 1/2 hour.
- If you have older kids, have them listen to a radio drama. Once they are involved in the story they will be mesmerized til the end giving you lots of time. For example, The Chronicles of Narnia series from Focus on the Family’s Radio Theatre is fascinating to listen to – and there are lots of CD’s/stories to go through. Or, Adventures in Odyssey for younger ages/shorter stories.
- If you have babies/toddlers – take full advantage of nap times or early bedtimes. Be PREPARED with your calling list so you can start calling the minute their darling head has hit the pillow. 🙂
- Keep a supply of Cheerios handy when on the phone. Feeding toddlers Cheerios one at a time while you are on the phone helps keep them quiet til you can get off.
- Get a cordless phone with a “mute” feature. Usually it works so you can still hear the caller, but they cannot hear you when you are pressing the mute button and telling Johnny to get off the table. Test it with a friend to make sure it works and you are operating it correctly so you don’t have an embarrassing moment!
- Get a cordless phone with a “hold” feature so if you need to quick rescue someone, say: “Can you please hold?” Always stay professional. Many businesses put people on hold, so it is not unusual.
- Learn and teach your kids what “no” is in sign language – and what the consequence will be if they disobey. This works great for church, too! “No” in ASL (American Sign Language)
- Always spend time with your kids doing some special projects or reading out loud to them. Involve them in your cleaning, baking and Usborne business as much as possible so they are with you and are learning life skills. Then when you are taking the time to make phone calls they won’t act up as much then if they had been ignored all day. There are different seasons in the life of your family, so enjoy them when they’re little, while you work your Usborne business alongside.
Your Usborne Books & More business can grow BIG, while your children do.
Keep consistently and persistently nurturing both for success!
We started with Usborne Books & More in 1995 – our four children were 6 and under. The flexibility of a home business enabled to work our Usborne Books & More business alongside and with our children when they were small. Then when our children were older, we were able to invest more time into our Usborne Books & More business… which turned into a very successful business that supported our family. And we earn national awards & fabulous trips for FREE every year!!
Our family is now all grown… but we still enjoy the the flexibility of our Usborne Books & More business – spending time with our grandchildren and traveling.
To see more, go to: http://www.usbornebooks.com/usborne-books-success-story.html
“Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.”
Average Success Rate After Three Years in Business
Franchise: 6% working a 70 hour week
Small Business: 3% working a 70 hour week
Network Marketing: 80% if they stay at it for at least 3 years
“More millionaires are made in network marketing
than in any other profession. 66% are women.”
~ from article in the UBAH May 2002 newsletter